Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Update

November 1,2011
    Rode 70 miles.  Met with Springfield and Republic fire departments.  Got to meet with deputy chief at Springfield.
Average speed for the day was 9.8 mph.  Total peddle time was 7 hrs and ten minutes.  Approximate total miles to date is 1,748.
  I rode into interstate spaghetti by mistake and escaped by pushing the bike up an embankment and across a cemmetary.   Rode on a bike path through part of Springfield.  Did a TV interview with KY3

November 2,    Neosho OK, rode 42 miles.
     I quit early as a storm was moving in.
Took November 3 off

November 4, 2011  Claremore OK
   Rode 91 miles, met with police (emergency manager) for Waydotte tribe, Fairland fire department dropped off monitors no one available.,  OK Highway patrol at Vinita, I met Terry at a gas station and she volunteered to deliver monitors to people she knew in the Chelsea and Foyil fire departments.
   I got into an argument with an administrator at the OK Highway patrol who refused to take the rad monitors, said I had to give them to main office in OK City.  I told administrator that "it's because of people like you that the officers are not getting the monitors.  An officer came out and let me explain and demo the monitors and 60-Second training and thanked me for them.

November 5, Drumright OK, rode 76 miles
   Met with Tulsa fire department.  Very hilly and windy, 3 flats, bought two new tubes at Wal-Mart.  Bought a floor pump as my hand pump is too small and hard to fill tire with.  A lady took a picture of my bicycle.  Thorns are causing flats her.  KSL TV News Salt Lake City called me and said they want to do a story on my ride.

November 6, 2011 Guthrie OK, rode 52 miles.
   Dropped off monitors at Drumright fire (no one to receive them).  I met with Perkins fire department.
Wind was against me at 10-20 mph.  Mostly hills an no flat stretches.  Earthquakes 2 days in a row but I slept through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment